Monday, October 13, 2014

Apple Cider Festival and Other Girl Stuff

As of late, Chloe has been complaining about being deprived of certain events.  The conversation generally starts with Chloe saying, "I've never seen _________", or "I've never been _________".   "What!!?", we say incredulously, "Of course you have!  We did that (or saw that) several years ago!"  Then Chloe replies, "But I was only 2! (or 3 or 4).  So, I guess Chloe doesn't remember much of what we've done with her.  Such is the life of the baby of the family, so we are working on catching her up a little bit when we can.  She has finally seen "The Lion King", and now it's time to revisit some of our favorite places in ABQ.  This weekend, we happily drove to the Botanic Gardens for the Apple Cider Festival.  If you haven't ever sipped on pure apple juice from apples picked and pressed right on site, then you are missing a real treat!  We sampled, and then we bought---5 gallons of the most delicious cider I've ever tasted.  
The Cider Festival occurs every year in October. 

The big kids are all usually too busy for these things.  Thanks Abby for coming with us!!

Nothing beats fall in ABQ

Abby's job this fall has her caring for children from infants up to about 8 years old.  She figured out pretty quickly that the older kids need activities planned in order to keep them out of trouble.  I think she is doing a fantastic job!  Last week during Balloon Fiesta, she had them make hot-air balloons from card stock that the kids could color and decorate however they liked.  
This little balloon just needs a Polly Pocket doll or Lego man to ride in the basket!

Be still my heart--peanut butter, M&M cupcakes...
Allison made these for our first home group meeting.  

When the big kids are too busy for us, Chloe and I go to our favorite store--Hobby Lobby.  Who am I kidding?  We go there with the older girls AND without them.  It's an addiction, really.

We didn't make it to Balloon Fiesta this year, so we owe Chloe a trip there next year.  Here's to hoping the weather is better for the Special Shapes Rodeo in 2015.  And, yes, we do have a boy named Grant, in case anyone forgot (or doesn't know--We get asked occasionally who that boy is with us.  Um, my son?  Our brother?  Yeah, he belongs to us.), but he's usually playing tennis, or playing tennis........, or playing tennis.  Or?  Yep.  He's always playing tennis--he hates Hobby Lobby and girl stuff in general.  

Happy Fall everyone!!

2 comments:

Bob Beckham said...

Looks like great fun to revisit these places. But I share Grant's opinion of Hobby Lobby. We've had great fall weather this week, too. Maybe we'll go to Galveston tomorrow. We saw Paul's and Daniel's mounted animal zoo last weekend. Those kudus are really big!
Pappa

Leigh Ann said...

Poor Chloe....and Grant!